An effective resume is the foundation of every successful job campaign. Most students write their first resume when they are seeking internships or summer employment, but resume writing skills are equally important for seniors approaching graduation and alumni seeking advancement.
As most people know, the purpose of the resume is to summarize the key elements of your past experience that you would like employers to consider when you are seeking employment. Naturally, a resume needs to be revised periodically during your career to reflect changes in your qualifications. Keep in mind that a good resume alone won't get you a job; however, it can help you get an interview and influence an employer's perception of your skills and potential for a particular kind of work.
There are several standard formats for resumes, but most employers prefer the chronological format（编年格式）， which is outlined and illustrated below. A few students might prefer to use a functional format to call attention to particular skill areas. Additional information on various resume formats is available in the Career Development Center. The organization of the resume can be adapted as necessary to emphasize an individual's most outstanding characteristics. In general, however, the resume should include:
IDENTIFICATION DATA: name, address （or two addresses--present and permanent）， and phone number（s） （including area code）。
OBJECTIVE: a single phrase expressing the specific type of employment you are seeking and/or the principal skills you want to use on the job. Some people prepare two or more resumes with different objectives. Once you formulate a clear objective, you can use it almost as a thesis for the remainder of your resume; only information that supports your career objective should be included on the resume.
EDUCATION: basic details about your education, including college location （city and state）， degree, date of graduation （or expected graduation）， major, related course work and （possibly） G.P.A. Most college students do not need to include information about secondary school, but it is important to summarize education attained through community colleges, other colleges （i.e., transfer credits）， and specialized training programs.
Name: Gender: Male
Date of Birth: Place of Birth: China
Marital status: SingleLanguage: English, proficient
September 1989 - July 1993
Department of Electrical Engineering, Shenyang Institute of Aeronautics
* Majored in Radio Engineering
* Won a third-class Award in the Contest of Technological Facture & Experimental Skills in Electronics and Electrician, for Students from the Colleges affiliated to the Ministry of Aeronautics & Astronautics
*Masterful in analog circuit, power circuit, switching power circuit, operation and amplification; proficient in solving problems related to analog circuit.
* Bachelor of Engineering Degree obtained in July 1993
September 1993 - July 1996
Nanjing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics
* Majored in Communication & Electrical System
* Main field of research was contemporary communication circuit, especially on high efficiency, high frequency power amplifier （Class E and Class S）。
*Instructed undergraduate students in their research on wide band frequency multiplier
* My diploma thesis was The Electromagnetic Compatibility Testing System of an Airplane
* Read extensively on electromagnetic compatibility and its testing, obtained a through knowledge on the test of electromagnetic compatibility, and on the solutions （methods and instrument） to the issues of electromagnetic compatibility. Familiar with the testing standards, especially the GJB and the MTL-STD
* Master of Engineering Degree obtained in July 1996
January 1994 - December 1995
* Chairted the research and development work in the Nanjing Leader Electronics Company
* Independently developed 3 types of charging devices and management systems for telephones, LDJF-I, LDJF-II and LDJF-1, and their volume of sales exceeded a total of 5,000.
* Became the Copartner and Chief Engineer of the company at the end of 1995
January 1996 - August 1999
Chief Engineer, Nanjing Leader Electronics Company
* Hosted the refinement of HTD-80 Program Controlled Telephone Exchanger by adding an E & M trunk.
*Primary designer of the HTD-120 Program Controlled Telephone Exchanger
* Perfection of the SSC-2 Telecontrol System, which obtained the commercial approval from the Ministry of Electrical Power Resource
*Took charge of the quality control and production of the company
*Perfection of the FFT Algorithm Program for alternative current sampling in the SSC-2 System, which was used to measure harmonic wave
* In the research and development processes, read extensively on production reliability and solved many problems related to production reliability and electromagnet compatibility
* Designed the management board by using an Intel 80C188EB processor, studied the TC 2.0 Compiler and rewrote its startup code, and developed a locator and a simple debugging tool
* Lead the development of the Supervision System for Petroleum Tanks, based on the SSC-2 System, for the Yangtze Petroleum Chemical Works
* Chaired the development of the Data Collection Device for Electrical Power Charging System, which was not finished before my departure from the company
* Retrieved a lot of literatures on field bus and real time operating systems, including CAN, Hart, Lonworks, ProfiBus, FF, Arcnet, Ethernet
October 1999 - March 2000
* Technological Center for Operation & Maintenance, the Beijing Telecommunication Administration
* Tracing and research on Internet media technology
* Developed a dial box
March 2000 - October 2000
Beijing OrientTech Network & Telecommunication Technology Ltd. Co.
* Project Manager of the Automatic Call Distribution in a Call Center, and the Manager of the Hardware Department simultaneously
* As the Head of the Research & Development Division, took charge of four projects, including ADSL （Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line） Modem （PCI, USB）； ADSL Router; DSLAM with 16 ADSL ports and one 100 M Ethernet Port; migration of the RouteWare Protocol Stack
Skills & Capability