1. 把重点摆在句首或句尾. 一般而论，最显眼的位置是在“句尾，其次是在句首，中间的位置最平淡，乏善可陈。例如：
(1).Incorrect grammar and improper construction invariably distract readers' attention.
(2) The history of vocabulary is, in many ways, the record of civilization.
(3a) I came upon an old classmate when I went to town yesterday.
(3b) When I went to town yesterday, I came upon an old classmate.
(4a) Steel is commonly used to make knives, razors and other useful tools because of its durability.
(4b) Because of its durability, steel is commonly used to make knives, razors and other useful tools.
(5a) I was delighted and amused by the classical opera
(5b) I was amused and delighted by the classical opera.
(6a) That singer's life was tragic and brief.
(6b) That singer's life was brief and tragic.
(7) Tony ate his dinner, watched TV, and then went to bed.
(8) Were you bored with years of study in elementary school, high school and institute of higher education?
5. 必要时，重复重要的语词或概念。 例如：
(9) Jackie enjoys the company of ladies. He likes their beauty, he likes their delicacy, he likes their vivacity, and he likes their silence.
(10) ...the land stretched out without names. Nameless headlands split the surf; nameless lakes reflected the nameless mountains and nameless rivers flowed through nameless valleys and nameless bays.
(11a) A pedestrian was struck on the head by a flying stone.
(11b) A flying stone struck a pedestrian on the head.
(12) Seven dwarfs lived here in the center of the dark forest. →
Here, in the center of the dark forest lived seven dwarfs.
(13) Severity breeds fear; roughness breeds hatred.
(14) Honesty recommends that I speak; self-interest demands that I remain silent.